read chart from right to left on right-side (odd) rows,
and from left to right on wrong-side (even) rows.
8 ++ooooo+o+ooooo+ (16-stitch, 9-row repeat)
6 o+++o+oo+oo+o+++ o = yellow
oo+++oo+++oo+++o 5 + = blue
| begin pattern at left front
Worked in rows.
- Using size US #0 needles and 1 strand of A, cast on 96 stitches.
- Throughout, keep the edge stitch on either end as a selvage stitch to
make picking up the front bands easier. I like to knit all first stitches, but
you use the method you like.
- Work back and forth in ribbing for 0.75 inches (8 rows).
- Change to size US1 needles and work in stockinette stitch.
- Work stockinette stitch for 3 rows increasing 1 stitch at center back
on last row (97 stitches).
- Work color pattern in stockinette for 9 rows using 2 strands of B and
1 strand of A. Break off B.
- Work evenly in 1 strand of A until piece measures 3 inches from beginning.
- Work 20 stitches of right front, place 8 stitches on holder for underarm,
work 41 stitches of back, place 8 stitches on holder for underarm, and
work 20 stitches of left front.
- Begin sleeves.
Make 2 (worked in rounds).
- Using size US0 needles and 1 strand of A, cast on 40 stitches.
- Join in round.
- Work around in ribbing for 0.75 inches (8 rounds).
- Change to size US1 needles and stockinette stitch.
- Increase 2 stitches each side of 2 'seam' stitches every 6 rounds 4 times
as follows: K1, Make 1, knit to last stitch of round, Make 1, K1 (48
- Work evenly until piece measures 3 inches from beginning.
- Place 8 stitches, centered over the made stitches, on holder for underarm.
Worked in rows again.
Work 20 stitches of right front, 40 stitches of right sleeve, 41 stitches
of back, 40 stitches of left sleeve and 20 stitches of left front (161
Throughout, keep the edge stitch on either end as a selvage stitch like
you did for body.
Working back and forth in stockinette stitch, decrease 1 stitch at each
front edge every other right-side row 6 times.
At the same time, decrease 2 stitches at each of the four joining points
between body and sleeves every right-side row 11 times (61 stitches).
Piece should measure ~2 inches from underarm.
Hoo, BOY! I hope that was at least understandable. This is the first time
I've written a pattern for anyone else but myself to read, so please let
me know if it doesn't make sense.
- Using size US 0 needles and 1 strand of A, pick up and knit stitches (using
the nice selvage you made) from left front edge, back of neck, and right
- Increase or decrease so that 150 stitches remain on needle.
- Work back and forth in ribbing for 0.75 inches (8 rounds); in 4th row
of rib, making 2, 2-stitch buttonholes in left side at 8 stitches and 20
stitches from bottom edge.
- Bind off all stitches in ribbing.
- Graft underarm stitches.
- Sew buttons opposite buttonholes.
in Scenic Newark, DE
Return to doll patterns