About this site
The following is a list of people who have helped me put this site
together. Some have contributed material; others have helped with the
site's format. I'd like to thank them very much, because without them,
this site would be considerably less complete.
- Martha Underwood, who put in a tremendous
amount of work compiling the original knitting list FAQs on which much of this
site is based. Martha: a million thanks.
- Dave Mooney, who is infinitely patient with me and
my knitting addiction, and who did quite a bit of work on the original file of
knitting stores to get it into HTML format. Yay him.
- Leslie Harpold,
who donated the Web space at fearless.net for the site for more
than a year. Leslie is terrific.
- Golan Klinger and vex.net, for getting the new Wool Works
domain in place quickly, and making the move from Fearless as smooth as
- Clara Kim, Stephanie Engle, Lela Conrad, Catherine Wingate, Katrina
Hodgson, Debra Hughes, Kim Salazar, Gail Thompson, Ross B., and
Linda, for helping me move all the links from one interface
- William Denton,
for helping me get the search engine set up.
- Bev White,
for the site's old graphics and the inspiration for the new ones.
- Esther Bozak, who maintains the calendar of knitting
Mahe, who wrote the excellent account of her class with Lily Chin,
and who for a time along with Esther Bozak and Glenna
Stansifer maintained the calendar of knitting events.
- Susan Bleimehl,
for her informative post about her class with Alice Starmore.
- Liz Clouthier,
who wrote the review of various pieces of knitting software.
- Catherine Wingate, who wrote the sock heel summary.
- Phyllis Rostykus (aka Liralen Li), spinner
extraordinaire, who came up with the amazing pattern for the Klein bottle hat.
- Kathreen Kruse,
for her extensive list of spinning suppliers.
- Lynn Ruggles,
for her list of books that mention knitting, and her list of resources for
- Julie Ourom, for updating the list of books that
- Glenna Stansifer, for her collection of knitlist posts about
- Holly Doyne, for her reviews of various sock yarns
and for her fabulous, meticulous listings of stores in Europe.
- Everyone who contributed to Martha's original FAQs.
- Wendy Chatley Green, for compiling the fiber FAQ.
- Julia G., for taking over the maintenance of the Books page.
- Caroline McMillan, for the information about knitting
for dolls, and the compilation of posts about dyeing fibers.
- Joan Hamer, for the collection of charities that accept
- Amanda Wilson, who made some useful suggestions about
the new design for the site.
- Everyone whose patterns appear on the Patterns page.
- Everyone whose hints appear on the Hints page.
Emily Way (email@example.com)
Last updated March 8, 2001