About this site
- Hints and tips
- General and specialized suggestions culled from posts to the
big knitting listserv, including Sally Melville's thoughts on color.
- Making socks
- Information about sock yarns, sources for
sock patterns, sock heel techniques, and a collection of posts to the knitting list about socks.
- Knitting for dolls
- Caroline McMillan's collection of book and catalog titles and
helpful ideas for those who make clothes for dolls. (Contains a
bit of sewing information, as well as the knitting info.)
- Links to descriptions of and resources for specialized knitting
techniques such as double knitting and entrelac. Includes
pointers to entrelac patterns.
- Describes various kinds of fibers that can be made into yarns.
Written by Wendy Chatley Green.
- Links to Chris Jordan's spinning wheel FAQ and Kathreen Kruse's
list of spinning suppliers.
- A compilation of knitlist posts about dyeing yarn and fleece with Easter
egg dye, Kool Aid, or CIBA dyes.
- A few people's descriptions of their classes with various
well-known knitwear designers. I hope for it eventually to contain
descriptions of the work of many different knitting designers, and
possibly even pictures of some of their finished products.